University Malaysia Perlis (UniMAP) is committed in creating a safe, healthy environment and protecting the environment through a systematic work culture of every employee, student, visitor and contractor. In order to make this policy successful, UniMAP will ensure that the following steps are implemented in practice:
- Making safety, occupational health and environmental management a priority.
- Complying with the Occupational Safety and Health Act 1994, Environmental Quality Act 1974, the Road Transport Act 1987 and other relevant Acts.
- Carry out responsibilities in achieving the objectives and targets set by identifying, evaluating risks, taking preventative actions of accidents and injuries to reduce losses, damage to property, environmental damage and occupational diseases.
- Creating an action plan of improvement, from the aspect of awareness, competence, communication, welfare, responsibility and cooperation between workers and employers.
- Reassess from time to time, policies, training, systems, programs and work procedures for continuous improvement.
Dato 'Prof. Dr. Zul Azhar Zahid Jamal
University Malaysia Perlis